Lend us your time, talents and energy in a variety of opportunities. We are looking to fill the following positions. By volunteering, you’ll not only provide a valuable service for our community, but also get to know the students and other parents at RMS.
Anyone can volunteer - regardless of PTSA member status. Please use the volunteer form to indicate interest in any of these opportunities.
Facebook Group Moderators
- Approve new member requests
- Monitor for content that violates posted guidelines
Speaker Committee / Chair and Committee Members NEW for 2022-23
- 2 or more volunteers needed
- Identifying potential speakers for PTSA meetings
Sports Team Managers NEW for 2022-23
- 1 person per sports team
- duties will most likely include disseminating information to parents from the coach
Family Engagement Committee Members NEW for 2022-23
- May work with the VP of Community Outreach to solicit feedback from community and encourage new ways to engage the RMS community.
- Available throughout the year to fulfill one-off opportunities as needed.
Nominating Committee Members
- 3-4 volunteers; elected (ideally) in February/March
- To identify new people to fill Executive Board positions as people roll off at the end of the 2022-23 school year.
8th Grade Graduation Activities
- Positions begin March/April 2023
- Seeking Chair and Committee Members for each of 3 events: picnic, dinner/dance, and promotion.
- Each Event Committee will work with 8th grade counselor to plan, organize and execute the event.
- Events take place in May, and planning begins as early as March.
Family Lending Library Volunteers
- Seeking 1-2 volunteers for the entire school year
- Work with Ms. Cloues, RMS Librarian, to manage book donations for the FLL.
- Could also include soliciting new book donations from the community.
School Beautification / Committee Members
- Work with Beautification Day Organizer and teachers to identify projects, procure necessary supplies and recruit volunteers. Ideally available on the day of the event (one in fall, one in spring) to help lead projects and/or organize volunteers, as needed.
Teacher Appreciation / Chair & Committee Members
- Position active all school year
- Appreciation event approximately 1x / month
- This is a chance to spoil our teachers for a full week during Teachers Appreciation Week in May and throughout the school year.
Annual Fund Drive / Chair & Committee Members
- Position active between September - January 2023
- We are looking for a chair and committee members to help with the PTSA’s annual fundraising campaign. Duties include budgeting, planning and executing the annual fund campaign, which raises money to bridge the gap between federal and state funds provided to our school and the cost of the resources and programs we offer.
- Fielding interested volunteers / directing them to the proper Chairperson or committee.
- Rally the RMS community to help with different projects throughout the school year.
- Connect with feeder school PTA's for volunteer opportunities for RMS students.
VP of Community Outreach Executive Board Position
- Works alone, or with Parent Engagement Committee, to determine what our community wants from the PTSA.
- Works to ensure all parents/caregivers at RMS feel welcomed and heard.
- May work with Beacon staff and/or RMS-lead parent advisory committees.
- Works to reach broad RMS community so more voices can be heard.
Membership Chair Executive Board Position
- Uses the TOTEM platform to encourage, increase and manage PTSA members.
Carnival Chair & Committee Members
- The PTSA had many requests this year from students to bring this event back. The Carnival is ready to be reimagined!
- The committee may work with teachers/RMS staff, local vendors, volunteers and more to provide a fun family event for our community.
Spirit Wear Coordinator
- Will shadow the outgoing coordinator for 2022-23 and take over duties for the 2023-24 school year.
PTA Reflections Chair & Committee Members NEW for 2022-23
- Competition for students to submit pieces of art in 5 categories
- Seeking 1 Chair and 5 members
- August - December